Support Staff Vacancies
Closing Date: Tuesday 5th October 2021 at noon
Interview Date: TBC
Job Start Date: ASAP
Contract Hours: Fixed Term, Term-time + 5 days
Salary: EHCC/Support Staff
Salary Details: £5,500 – £5,594 Pro-rata for 12.5 hours per week (£18,562 – £18,877 FTE)
Hours of Work: TBC
Do you have a passion for reading and sharing books?
Are you an organised and approachable individual with a desire to promote the love of reading amongst our school?
Then this could be the perfect role for you! We are recruiting for a Librarian to work part-time in our well-equipped library, where you will have the overall responsibility for the day-to-day running, planning for strategic developments within our library and working with pupils to further-develop their love of reading. This exciting opportunity will enable you to become a part of our friendly staff team at Netley Abbey Junior School, where our goal together is to enable all pupils to be the best they can be. There will be the option to trial the role on a voluntary basis for those who are able to, prior to employing our librarian.
Rated ‘Good’ by OFSTED in February 2018, our friendly and supportive team are committed to raising standards.
You will need:
- A good English and Maths skillset (GCSE / O Level Grade C or above )
- Good communication skills both written and orally
- Knowledge of ICT or willingness to acquire new ICT skills
- Ability to cope with the physical elements of the role (manual handling of resources etc)
- The ability to use your initiative
- Great interpersonal skills
- To relate well to both adults and children, with an empathetic attitude
- An understanding of confidentiality and safeguarding
Visits to the school are actively encouraged. Please contact the school office on 023 8045 3731 or by email [email protected] to arrange a convenient time to visit or to discuss the post in more detail.
Completed application forms should be returned to the Headteacher Mrs S Nicholas-Bond by noon on Tuesday 5th October 2021.