PE and Sports Premium
What is the PE and Sports Premium?
The Government launched the PE and Sports Premium in September 2013, which was initially for a two year period but has since been continued. The aim of this money is to fund improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of pupils aged over 5 and under 11 years of age, so that pupils develop healthy lifestyles.
We use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport we offer.
This means that we can use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that we already offer
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
- hiring qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- providing existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introducing new sports or activities and encouraging more pupils to take up sport
- supporting and involving the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- running sports competitions
- increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- running sports activities with other schools
Each year we plan our spending and evidence its impact upon our pupils. Below are the details of our expenditure for 2016/17:
Our intended funding allocation for 2017/18 can be found below: